In 2015 Sask Wheat confirmed it will help ensure the future of agricultural research and profitable production of wheat in Saskatchewan by offering undergraduate and graduate scholarships to agriculture students at the University of Saskatchewan.
Undergraduate scholarships: Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission Essay Award
- To recognize continuing students enrolled in any College of Agriculture and Bioresources undergraduate degree program, specializing in an area of study that could have an impact on the wheat industry
- To encourage interest in agriculture and agricultural research
- Scholarships are open to continuing students in any degree program at the College of Agriculture and Bioresources, who are specializing in an area of study that could have an impact on the wheat industry.
Graduate scholarships: Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission Graduate Scholarships
- To attract and retain graduate students at the College of Agriculture and Bioresources who plan to conduct research with social or scientific relevance to a sustainable and profitable western Canadian wheat sector
- Scholarships are open to full-time Masters and PhD students who are conducting research with social or scientific relevance to a sustainable and profitable western Canadian wheat sector, as determined by the Award Committee.
- The Award Committee will give preference to new, first year students undertaking relevant graduate level projects. Continuing students may also be considered for this award.
Crop sequencing of large acreage crops and special crops
This study will evaluate the benefits of crop sequences for major and special crops across a wide range of environments, as Saskatchewan is home to a variety of environmental conditions due to diverse temperatures, precipitation levels and water loss, with semiarid conditions in the south-west and sub-humid conditions in the northeast.view all