Think Wheat - Tisdale March 14
Sask Wheat will be holding a Think Wheat extension meeting for north central and northeast Saskatchewan farmers on March 14, 2018 in Tisdale. The Think Wheat meetings bring producers the latest information on wheat agronomy and marketing.
Speakers will include:
- Marlene Boersch of Mercantile Consulting (global wheat markets and opportunities)
- Mitchell Japp of the Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture (fusarium head blight and other pests and diseases)
- Dean Dias of the Canadian International Grains Institute (export market requirements)
- Jessica Pratchler of the Northeast Agriculture Research Foundation (local issues, agronomy and research)
- Jim Downey of Secan (new varieties and selections from the Seed Guide)
More speakers will be confirmed soon!
Location: Hanover Room of the Tisdale RECplex (800 101st St).
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program begins: 9 a.m.
Refreshments and lunch will be served.
News & Events
Research and development for durum wheat
This research intends to facilitate the breeding and development of pedigreed seed of improved varieties of Canada Western Amber Durum. The project is intended to support the development of the various traits and qualities of durum under development by this breeding program using genomic and phenomic tools.view all