Think Wheat - Weyburn March 13
Sask Wheat will be holding a Think Wheat extension meeting for southeast Saskatchewan farmers on March 13, 2018 in Weyburn. The Think Wheat meetings bring producers the latest information on wheat agronomy and marketing.
Speakers will include:
- Marlene Boersch of Mercantile Consulting (global wheat markets and opportunities)
- Mitchell Japp of the Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture (fusarium head blight and other pests and diseases)
- Dean Dias of the Canadian International Grains Institute (export market requirements)
- Chris Holzapfel of the Indian Head Agricultural Research Foundation (local issues, agronomy and research)
- Jim Downey of Secan (new varieties and selections from the Seed Guide)
More speakers will be confirmed soon!
Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program begins: 9 a.m.
Refreshments and lunch will be served.
News & Events
Integrated management of stripe rust in wheat for Alberta (2016-2019)
This project is expected to improve the understanding of the genetics of stripe rust resistance in Western Canada and facilitate development of stripe rust resistant wheat cultivars.view all